Water Fed Pole Window Cleaning in Kent from Window Cleaning Water Fed Pole

Water Fed Pole Window Cleaning in Kent from Window Cleaning Water Fed Pole
Water Fed Pole Window Cleaning in Kent from Window Cleaning Water Fed Pole

Wednesday 13 March 2013

My eureka moment


Eureka moments are rare.  But when they come along they provide inspiration that can change your world forever.  Like Archimedes, my Eureka moment provided me with the solution to a problem that had been vexing me for some time.

Archimedes’ Eureka moment was inspired by a dodgy goldsmith.  King Hieron II had commissioned a crown from a lump of pure gold, but he suspected the goldsmith had substituted some of the gold for a cheaper metal, such as silver.  Unfortunately he had no way to confirm his suspicions.  So he asked Archimedes, super mathematician and inventor, to find a definitive answer. 

Archimedes famously found the solution in the bath.  When he stepped into the bath, he noticed that the water level rose.  And in that moment, Archimedes developed his principle of buoyancy, which says that the volume of an object is the same as the volume of water it displaces. 

Archimedes was so inspired by his discovery that he jumped out of the bath and ran through the streets shouting “Eureka!” – or “I have it!”

My Eureka moment did not involve a bath or naked street dancing, you’ll be pleased to know.  But it did involve water.  I had been a window cleaner for two years.  There was just one problem: I hate heights.  And I hate ladders even more.  But you can’t be a window cleaner without a ladder.

Or so I thought.

Then I discovered waterfed pole window cleaning.  It was the answer to my prayers!  No ladders, just a super long pole with a soft brush that can reach up to six storeys, using pure water to get windows cleaner than ever.   In other words, I can do my job better than ever, without trembling like a ninny!  

Eureka!

And, in case you were wondering, the goldsmith had cheated the king. 

That's my Eureka moment - now tell me yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment